Old 23-02-2006, 10:09 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Nick Maclaren

Default Collard greens

In article .com,
"cliff_the_gardener" writes:

| Has anyone had any experience of growing collards in the UK?
| They are widely grown in the US, particularly in the South, as a source
| of greens similar to kale, they are a non heading cabbage, the leaves
| are like those of oil seed rape but bigger.
| I have some seeds of are variety called Vates

Some people have, but they are really only a variety of kale
that is better suited to hotter conditions. In this country,
you would usually be better off with one of the agricultural
kales, that many of the older of us remember from our youth.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.