Old 09-03-2003, 08:21 PM

Default Challenge for the Group

Which alkaloid is it that ghost orchids contain?

On Sun, 9 Mar 2003 11:16:54 -0500, "Mick Fournier"
wrote:

Sneff,

Darn, I thought I was being quite avante garde with my "Wonderful
Neighborhood" orchid homage to good old dead Mr Rogers.

I guess it is true when they say, "Werner is a Wonder".

I suppose I could go with my second idea instead... I would hollow 100
loaves of Wonder Bread and fill them with orchid flowers (and a little
Spanish moss). During the show I would stash them in a large brown bag then
sneak around the auditorium throwing them high up in the air to land on
people's heads like they just fell magically out of the sky. It would be
like the eighth Wonder Bread of the world.

Mick

"sneff" wrote in message
Mick,

I do believe Werner Herzog did this in one of his student films, with

Klaus
Kinski as Mr Rogers.

It was stunning in its florid metaphor though, so perhaps a revisit is now
due?

sneff

"Mick Fournier"
wrote in message
. ..
I would do "It's a Wonderful day in the neighborhood..."

I would have a croaked Mr Rogers doll laid out in a little coffin made

of
orchid flowers plucked from the spikes... or maybe you could have him

laid
out on top a bed of 1000 Phalaenopsis petals (and sepals) with his theme
song playing over and over in the background off a little cassette

player.

Mick