Old 09-03-2003, 09:09 PM
Shiva

Default Holding new roses in pots until the weather cooperates

Nuttshaw wrote:

Hi Shiva,
Thank you for the welcome! I'm sorry it's taken me so long to
respond. We had a wedding here last month and I've been trying to

recover and get the house back to normal and get thank you notes done.

Weddings! They make me insane. I have never had one at my house, though--
and right after you moved, that's a lot to do. Thank you notes? Was it
your wedding?

The moving to Arizona part was easy....I'm from Tucson. Leaving Georgia
was a little difficult for me. I was sooo in love with the green and
trees and having four seasons. Complete opposite of the desert.

Now, see, all we southeasterners usually hear from the desert dwellers is
how great it is and how terrible the muggy southeast is. Now I know the
desert is beautiful in a huge, soaring, otherworldly kind of way.
Beautiful like being on the moon! Maybe? But I am with you about the
lushness of the south, and I adore the seasons. They help me maintain a
grasp on the passing of time. Here is what I grasp: IT PASSES TOO FAST!

I lost a lot in the moving van when we stopped in New
Mexico overnight and they froze.

Oh, man. New MEXICO, eh? I'm not surprised. Sorry you lost your plants,
though.

I was about to start bringing them into the
motel room but we already had a dog, cat and 2 birds in there....I

couldn't save my plants.

You have a menagerie! I once transported a large iguana and a small
African chamaeleon from Maryland to Florida via car in the winter. The
scene at the hotel was wild. The neat thing about reptiles is that you can
slow them down by cooling them down--to a degree, anyway.

The carts?? If so, I need to go to HD soon.

Yes, I'm using 20 inch pots. They are the same width on the bottom,
no tapering. The pot fits just right on the cart. The carts were at Home
Depot...outside... under the covered area.

Yep, I need the 20-inch pots and the cart. Thanks, Sarah, and good luck
with your power tools! I'm worthless at shop type things. Okay at
shopping, though. Give us your list of roses, maybe?