Old 14-02-2003, 01:27 AM
Billy M. Rhodes

Default [IBC] Gel rooting system(questions)

In a message dated 2/13/2003 6:26:50 PM Eastern Standard Time,
writes:

The other day I received a catalog from Lee Valley, which (I have no
affiliation) I was interested to see a GEL rooting system. There are six
small units, which you can place cuttings, and since the gel is
transparent you can see the roots developed. There is also a cover for
the six units. A mini greenhouse.

Would this gel system be similar to rooting in a glass of water?
Would this system develop "water roots" which are different from roots that
develop in soil? Isn't it sometimes difficult to transfer water rooted plants
to soil? Don't the "water roots" seem more fragile than soil roots?
Billy on the Florida Space Coast

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++