Old 01-03-2006, 06:51 AM
adavisus adavisus is offline
Registered User

Location: North Carolina

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim frei
I'm installing a 6'x8' pond, and I would like to acquire a few fish and
water plants that are already acclimated to the current temps.
Any suggestions?
jim frei
http://www.stormwatergroup.com
A few goldfish and shubunkins are quite suitable for a small pond, take care to make sure not too many.

Any small hardy water lily should cope, any of the small growing hardy marginal aquatic plants, too.

6'x8' is a dinky size, be careful not to put any big growing aggressive plants in or you will find the pond will fill itself in with old foliage in just a couple of years

Small varieties, with restrained growing habits would be way to go

Regards, andy
http://www.members.aol.com/abdavisnc/swglist.html