Old 28-02-2006, 08:47 AM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.plants
Marco Schwarz

Default Big plants?

Hi..

You serve it in a salad these days....great peppery
taste...I remember my grandma just washing the bunch and
sticking it in a jug...we used to have it for
tea...usually with canned mackeral or pilchards...
My Mum used to go and harvest it from the local stream
from time to time. She tells a story of rinsing it and
finding hundreds of little shrimps - she put them in with
the goldfish so she could show us them when we got home
from school - result very content well fed goldfish :-)

:-)

[Water Cress]:
Europe: Nasturtium officinale
North America: Armoracia aquatica