Old 11-03-2003, 08:17 PM
Sacha

Default Salvia collection URGENT

"Jill" wrote in message news:%2mba.12201$Vx2.928407@wards...
"Sacha" wrote in message
om...
Sorry to shout! But yesterday a French couple from the ile de Brehat
came in looking for a massive list of Salvias. The nursery near here
that has the national collection wouldn't 'admit' them as they put it,
until April which, as they're only here for another week isn't
helpful. We had a few they wanted but that was it. We had a Salvia
involucrata 'Mulberry Wine' which is new and which they'd never heard
of, so honour was satisfied! ;-))
I promised I'd ask this group if anyone else knows of a nursery with a
large collection of Salvias, preferably in the SW of England or indeed
anyone who would be willing to give them cuttings from their own
collection?
They're going to ring me on Thursday to see if I've had any luck, so
I'd be very grateful if anyone with helpful info. could post here or
email me asap. Another possible solution might be for anyone
travelling from the SW to Britanny to take some over later on this
year. Many thanks.
--

not sure if these can export
but they are great folks

snip

Many thanks, Jill. I have an email address, so I'll pass this on.
No, I don't think they'll be going in that direction. From the map
they showed me, they're staying in the SW. The real pity of it is
that they even have a brand new Plant Finder which lists the nursery
with the NC of Salvias being open from mid-March but .................
--

Sacha