Old 03-03-2006, 03:36 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Broadback

Default septic tank and tree

wrote:
Rupert wrote:
For you and for me a leaking sceptic tank is not a problem but it's not the
most attractive feature of a property.
My advice was to replace the thing now with plastic as a good alternative to
chopping down the tree.
Dunno about health hazards .
Most unlike you to flaunt official rules:-)

flout (presumably).

Septic tanks CAN be very smelly, especially the overflow, my neighbours
is, and it flows into my garden, and then into a stream that wends its
way to the Trent. Environmental and the water authority are not
interested, and I ain't paying solicitors fees.
We changed ours with a plastic flask type, great no problems. The
original brick one had a laurel hedge all round, which looked ok and hid it.

--
Please do not reply to this Email address,
as all Emails are deleted before opened.