Old 12-03-2003, 04:57 AM
SugarChile

Default Weeds...Weeds...Weeds

This one has some good pictures:

http://www.grassrootslawncare.com/lawnprob.html

It does have background muzak, so turn down your speakers first.

I commend your attitude towards sparing milkweeds. Have you considered
taking it a step further and learning to live with other weeds as well?
There are broadleaf weeds, such as violets, that provide larval food for
caterpillars, and dandelions are a source of nectar for bees.

I'm glad you're educating yourself before applying herbicides.

Cheers,
Sue

Zone 6, Southcentral PA

"J. Farnsworth Wallaby" wrote in message
Hello All!

Does anyone have a "pictorial" website for these dreaded of all growing
things so I can i.d. them?

Several chemical companies have "selective" herbicides to take out
things like broadleaf & dandelions yet not harm ice plant or surrounding
plant material. I want to be sure that I'm not killing a milkweed that
some butterflies use for a host plant.

All assistance will be most gratefully received!

Alan...USDA 9b...Sunset # 19