Old 06-03-2006, 05:19 PM posted to triangle.gardens
?

Default Lavender Plants

On Mon, 06 Mar 2006 16:10:54 GMT in Jo wrote:
I have never grown them here in the south. How well do they fare? Do you
have better luck from direct seed or plants?
Where would you find plants if that was the best way to go and when is
the best time to plant?

They are proving difficult to germinate for me.
Had about 3 germinate out of 18 seeds some weeks ago, and managed
to kill them off by having them get too hot.
Tried again, and have only had one to germinate so far.

Did a quick google and apparently this is normal.
I shall try putting the remaining pellets in the fridge for a week.

Anyhoo, should I get more than 2 to germinate, I'll have more than I
need.

In the meantime, if anyone has pointers to someone with a few varieties
of lavender that one can take cuttings from, I'd appreciate it.
--
Chris Dukes
Suspicion breeds confidence -- Brazil