Old 06-03-2006, 10:47 PM posted to triangle.gardens
Anne Lurie

Default Lavender Plants

Jo,

I don't know about growing lavendar from seed, I would never have the
patience to do that! For plants, though, I suggest you check out the
Farmers' Market in Raleigh some weekend. I think I have seen lavendar
plants at various garden centers, too.

That reminds me -- I need to get some replacement rosemary plants, as I
had not pruned mine well, and it finally bit the dust (or the sand, rather!)

Anne Lurie

"Jo" wrote in message
I have never grown them here in the south. How well do they fare? Do you
have better luck from direct seed or plants?
Where would you find plants if that was the best way to go and when is the
best time to plant?

Jo