Old 14-03-2006, 10:34 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Richard Brooks

Default New Handles for Forks

Mark Goodge wrote:
On Mon, 13 Mar 2006 12:58:11 GMT, Instep put finger to keyboard and
typed:

My wooden garden fork handle has broken.
Does anyone know where I can obtain a replacement. Please.

After a fork that someone bought me as a present from B&Q sheared off, I
went around to the local store, drilled out the old one and have not had
trouble since.

If you're into wood try to get an old Chestnut handled and I MEAN
handled one (think of the sort your Granddad used to have) as it will
treat your hands better than plastic if you are doing a lot of digging.
Also, have you tried breaking that Chestnut fencing as found in
Council house hedgerows ?

Just go to your local garden centre and ask for fork handles. And
don't let them laugh at you :-)

Okay, they'll sound like those youths in the Simpsons but at least
they'll say "yes sir, that's the first time I've ever heard that one!
Hold on while I get some paper to write it down. Actually I'm studying
for a theatrical group and I want to get the right timing and nuances so
could you just repeat it for me. Tell you what, let's go over to the
Tannoy and you can tell everyone in the shop!" :-)

Richard.

--
"Usenet is like a herd of performing elephants with diarrhea --
massive, difficult to redirect, awe-inspiring, entertaining, and a