Old 14-03-2006, 10:38 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha

Default New Handles for Forks

On 14/3/06 10:26 pm, in article ,
"jane" wrote:

On Tue, 14 Mar 2006 10:34:32 +0000 (UTC), Richard Brooks
wrote:

~Mark Goodge wrote:
~ On Mon, 13 Mar 2006 12:58:11 GMT, Instep put finger to keyboard and
~ typed:
~
~
~My wooden garden fork handle has broken.
~Does anyone know where I can obtain a replacement. Please.
~
~After a fork that someone bought me as a present from B&Q sheared off, I
~went around to the local store, drilled out the old one and have not had
~trouble since.

I've got an old surface-rusty fork that has no upper handle at all at
the lottie - it's a really nice fork but got caught in a fire at one
point before I inherited the plot, and therefore lost the handle. The
lower handle is sound, just very rust-covered, and has a piece of
metal down inside the shaft that I assume was to hold the handle in
place. Does anyone think this could be repaired? I wouldn't mind a
spare working fork that I don't have to lug up there every time!

When Ann and I both thought she was coming to Ashburton in Devon (she's
not!) I called our local ironmonger who said they could, given enough time,
arrange for handles to be made and tapered to fit down into the shaft. This
was a very brief call and I went into no detail but it looks as if what you
want must be possible.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk