Old 17-03-2006, 02:26 AM posted to triangle.gardens
Anne Lurie

Default Growing Bell Peppers

The weather here in the Triangle area of North Carolina
(Raleigh-Durham-Chapel Hill) is probably quite different from yours in the
Midwest.

I suggest you Google for "growing bell peppers" and [your state] which
should turn up info for your area. Look especially for a state university
in your area.

BTW, most people use Google groups to find archived posts about a particular
topic, rather than as a method of posting. You might consider simply
subscribing to particular newsgroup(s) of interest to you.

Anne in Raleigh, NC

"singingdolphin81" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi everyone! I'm new to the group, and well, new to Google groups.
I'm having a lot of fun, finding that these groups are very imformative
and easy to use.

I am starting a Bell Pepper patch for this year's garden. I've started
the seeds indoors (Karma - Red, Golden Summer - Yellow, Valencia
(Orange) and Peppper Parks Whopper), but I don't have much expereince
in caring for the plants once they get planted outside. Can anyone
point me to a good website with some good 'growing' and 'care for'
instructions? I'm mostly looking for watering, fertilizing, and
staking tips and just over all 'caring for the plant' tips.

Also, is anyone famillar with the Karma Red Bell Pepper? I live in the
mid-west... What kind of a yield can I expect to see from one plant and
is this the best kind of Red bell to grow or is there a better kind?
I've listed the four varieties that I'm growing (Red, Yellow, Orange
and Green). It's not too late for me to start different kinds -- are
the the best varieties of bells to grow?

Thanks!!