Old 19-03-2006, 10:10 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
yatmei

Default New plant & orchid owner...How do I remove faded flowers

Hi. I'm completely new to orchids and have never had any experience
of plants of any sort...so would be really grateful if any of you
could help me out...and advise how and where a fading flower should
be cut.

Below are some pics of the plant. The dying flower is at the bottom
right of the plant.

http://missanonymity.users.btopenworld.com/orchid01.JPG
[img:138f18037d]http://missanonymity.users.btopenworld.com/orchid02.JPG[/img:138f18037d]
[img:138f18037d]http://missanonymity.users.btopenworld.com/orchid03.JPG[/img:138f18037d]
[img:138f18037d]http://missanonymity.users.btopenworld.com/orchid04.JPG[/img:138f18037d]

Do I simply cut at where I've circled? Can I expect there to be any
more flowers to bloom in place of the dead one once it's been cut?

I would be so so grateful for any advice. Does my plant look to be
healthy?

Thanks for all your time!