Old 23-03-2006, 07:45 AM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.plants
LM

Default methylene blue toxic to plants? (use of Furan 2 in planted tanks)

Thanks Koi-Lo,

I decided to move the two affected fish in a Q-tank afterall. good
thing those two gouramis aren't particularly fast or smart :-P (either
that or they are extremely nearsighted!). seems like all the other
fish isn't showing any obvious signs of the same disease, so... decided
better to keep meds out of the main tank now.

I suppose I can put few off-shoots of my ever-overgrowing java ferns in
the Q-tank just to see how it reacts to the meds... just for fun (and
will give the fish some comfort. I added plastic plant, but it's just
not the same, especially when the main tank is a jungle of plants, and
this one has this cheesy plastic plant sort of lonely sitting in the
middle of the tank...)
thanks!
linda