Old 23-03-2006, 08:38 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
LISA HOLMES

Default DENDROBIUM loddigesii & Dockrillia wassellii & phals

Hi Folks,

I've had these 2 species for several years. DENDROBIUM loddigesii bloomed
well for me for several years until we moved 4 years ago. Maybe it is
getting too much heat in my new greenhouse or needs something that I am not
giving it.

Dockrilla wassellii was given to me as a very tiny, out the flask plant
about the year 2000. It is now a fairly large plant. I know it likes lots
of sun but it needs repotting and any information would be helpful. It has
never bloomed.

I live on the Gulf Coast close to Houston, TX. I use to live right on the
coast but now live 30 miles off the coast on a lake. It gets very hot and
humid here in the summer we have hardly any winter. We had one freeze this
year. The reason why I'm telling you this is my phals have suffered since
we moved. I had a wonderful collection of phals before we moved. Do you
think it is because of the lake behind our house? I have fought fungus and
rot since we have moved.

Just a few thoughts. Any info appreciated.

Lisa Holmes