Old 23-03-2006, 09:56 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
J Fortuna

Default DENDROBIUM loddigesii & Dockrillia wassellii & phals

Lisa,

I also moved to a home with higher humidity last year. If your humidity is
higher, you may want to run a fan to provide more air movement in the room
where the orchids are. In addition, have you adjusted your watering schedule
to the new environment? If it is more humid, then you will need to water
less often. Do you always water in the mornings, and not in the evenings?
Watering in the evenings makes fungus more likely since the leaves have less
time to dry out before the cooler night.

Best,
Joanna

"LISA HOLMES" wrote in message
Hi Folks,

I've had these 2 species for several years. DENDROBIUM loddigesii bloomed
well for me for several years until we moved 4 years ago. Maybe it is
getting too much heat in my new greenhouse or needs something that I am
not giving it.

Dockrilla wassellii was given to me as a very tiny, out the flask plant
about the year 2000. It is now a fairly large plant. I know it likes
lots of sun but it needs repotting and any information would be helpful.
It has never bloomed.

I live on the Gulf Coast close to Houston, TX. I use to live right on the
coast but now live 30 miles off the coast on a lake. It gets very hot and
humid here in the summer we have hardly any winter. We had one freeze
this year. The reason why I'm telling you this is my phals have suffered
since we moved. I had a wonderful collection of phals before we moved.
Do you think it is because of the lake behind our house? I have fought
fungus and rot since we have moved.

Just a few thoughts. Any info appreciated.

Lisa Holmes