Old 23-03-2006, 11:19 PM posted to triangle.gardens
MJC

Default Tomato Help

Does it look white and fuzzy? There is air movement around them but I have
noticed this white stuff on other plants too.. I started all of my seeds
with a new bag of "Potting Mix" so I hope there was nothing preexisting the
soil. Can I scrape this stuff off ?? Thanks for the help, I am really quite
upset about this, I have waited a long time for raised beds and to have the
time to really garden.

MJ

On 2006-03-23, MJC wrote:

My seedling plants are shriveling up and dieing. I had so much hope for

this
year. I have planted an Heirloom, latterly they are the ones my husbands
Grandfather always grew, Mexican Pinks and Yellow Pear. They are in

drained
pots right at the window sill. We have just installed 2 raised beds with

the
highest of anticpation. What could I possably be doing wrong? There are

few plants left, can anyone help me save them?

Thanks for any ideas,
MJ

Most likely a thing called "damping off", I think it's fungus that
attacks the seedling at soil level. It's best remedied by keeping the
surface of the soil dry and keep some air movement around the seedlings.
Good luck,
Eileen