Old 24-03-2006, 08:52 PM posted to rec.ponds
Koi-Lo

Default To Compost or Not to Compost

"Richard Sexton" wrote in message
Geez Ingrid is everything you post wrong?

In "Encyclopedia of the water lily" by Charles O Masters
it's suggested you use manure, not loam as loam has very
close to zero nutriative value. You'll still need to augment
with fertilizer spikes.

Loam. Yeee-ow. (shakes head)

I use rich topsoil that collects from my neighbor's pasture in the runoff
area on my property. It settles there free for the tanking. I add a broken
Jobe's Rose spike and they flower from mid spring to first good frost. :-)
--
Koi-Lo.... frugal ponding since 1995...
Aquariums since 1952