Old 28-03-2006, 03:20 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Charlie Pridham

Default Alocasia odora/Colocasia esculenta

"Rupert" wrote in message
Just received a crate load of these things. I assume they won't overwinter
very well?
If I planted these in those container thingies that are used in ponds and
then planted would they flourish.
The idea is that the whole container would be lifted come the first

frosts.
Any other suggestions?

There has been loads in the past on these, I grow them in pots and some stay
out of the pond and some go in, my main problem is remembering to leave the
vine weevil control out of the compost in case I kill the fish!

--
Charlie, gardening in Cornwall.
http://www.roselandhouse.co.uk