Old 28-03-2006, 11:37 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
jtill

Default rot rot rot

I just repotted a Cattleya I recently purchased from a local orchid
house. It was in total large charcoal! Had great and healthy roots. I
bought it in full bloom and the flowers lasted two weeks. I put it into
the same sized pot in SemiHydro.
I just visited the Santa Barbarba Estate Orchids site and read all
their stuff, they are going to total crushed Granite as a potting
medium! WOW, had not thought of that.
I know you are in the middle of a war so am tossing in my two cents
worth, maybe something will turn it around for you. I am not sure
rotting is a virus, most I read it is from wetness and medium
breakdown. Good luck, keep us posted.
Joe T