Old 29-03-2006, 12:45 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Jack

Default rot rot rot

I have mine in S/H and my phals are loving it, except one rescue and
it's a ******* child living in a baggie now ( it lost all it's roots,
but i'm fighting to keep it because it looks similar to a Phal.
bellina)

I have my orchids set up on a food grade wire shelving unit about 6' H,
4' L, 2' W, under a plastic bag from my mattress, I keep about 50%
humidty with daily misting and large rubbermaid boxes that fit the
shelves draining in to another at the bottom. Its close culture so I
know that I am risking loosing everything, but so far it is the best
I've been able to do as all the humidity in alaska is currently on the
ground (being very slippery BTW)

It is low maintence, once every two weeks I take the plastic off and
wash the alge out of the trays, check the plants and adjust as needed.
If you want I'll send you pics though it's not a preaty setup.

Jack