Old 13-03-2003, 11:44 PM
JimS.

Default another question for Bob B.- Planting boxes roses?

Bob,
Thanks for your great answer about planting bagged roses....to say "you
learn something new every day" would be an understatement for me today...
:Þ Anyway, now that you're on a roll......

The boxed J&P roses I buy at Costco say to plant the entire box and the
cardboard will decompose in the ground. The box is definitely full of dirt,
not sawdust. Is it better to take the rose out of the box anyway and soak
it, then plant it? Or is it better to plant the entire box, like they tell
you to?

Thanks a lot for your great insight

JimS.
Seattle