Old 14-03-2003, 12:45 AM
len

Default How do you get rid of moles without traps

(Susan E Desjardins) wrote in

We have moles in our lawn & garden and wonder if there is a way to
get rid of them without trapping & killing them. I know they eat grubs

"bob" wrote in message

They also aerate the lawn. Since they don't eat your veggies and they help
the lawn, why would you want to get rid of them?

If you had good infestation, you would know . Their trails ruin your yard,
leaving uneven, possably dangerous ( trip hazard) ground. Three out of the
past seven years, we have had yellowjackets move into their holes. My wife
has a knack for finding the nest while mowing in her shorts, good thing she
is not allergic to them. I know how to get rid of yellow jackets, but I
would realy like an answer to the moles. I have tried: drowning them, baits,
traps, chewing gum, blackpowder and pyrodex, tobacco, various others. I am
open to new suggestions.

FWIW, our dogs like to dig them up.

Bob
Zone 7

So do our Labs, that explains why they don't survive in the backyard,( but
thats a hole story. You know Labs don't necesarily kill what they get.
Which makes a night interesting, when your wife tells them to give what is
in their mouth, and its a live mole. Once the excitement abates, a flush
takes care of the problem. Len