Old 31-03-2006, 02:02 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Dusty

Default DENDROBIUM loddigesii & Dockrillia wassellii & phals

"LISA HOLMES" wrote in

Good idea. I'll wash everything down. Closing the greenhouse up for
the winter may be a problem, as well. I can add 2 more fans.
Thanks,

Lisa

Hi Lisa,
It seems like you are going to have to spray & wash down
everything.
I have used Physan to spray on plants & a mixture of bleach & vinegar
to wash
down the greenhouse & floors etc.
I would put in extra fans too.
Good luck.
Cheers Wendy

Remove PETERPAN for email reply

LISA HOLMES wrote:
Hi Folks,

I've had these 2 species for several years. DENDROBIUM loddigesii
bloomed well for me for several years until we moved 4 years ago.
Maybe it is getting too much heat in my new greenhouse or needs
something that I am not giving it.

Dockrilla wassellii was given to me as a very tiny, out the flask
plant about the year 2000. It is now a fairly large plant. I know
it likes lots of sun but it needs repotting and any information
would be helpful. It has never bloomed.

I live on the Gulf Coast close to Houston, TX. I use to live right
on the coast but now live 30 miles off the coast on a lake. It gets
very hot and humid here in the summer we have hardly any winter. We
had one freeze this year. The reason why I'm telling you this is my
phals have suffered since we moved. I had a wonderful collection of
phals before we moved. Do you think it is because of the lake
behind our house? I have fought fungus and rot since we have moved.

Just a few thoughts. Any info appreciated.

Lisa Holmes

Hi lisa
You say you close up your greenhouse for the winter???? What do you
mean?
I live in the midwest zone 5 and my greenhouse vents are always active
on sunny days when the outside temperature is above 25F.
It sounds like you plants need a little more fresh air.
Grow well and bloom magnificently
dusty