Old 14-03-2003, 02:56 AM
len

Default How do you get rid of moles without traps

"Pat Meadows" wrote in message
On 13 Mar 2003 15:39:20 -0500,
wrote:

We did too, a very active girl. But, sadly, she is no
longer on the top of the food chain in our densely populated
area, a coyote killed her 10 yards from our house. So much
for kitty control.

Sorry to hear it. There are coyotes in our general area,
but no one has seen them as close to town as we live. We're
in Pennsylvania, and coyotes have moved eastwards, as you
probably know, but they're certainly not as common as they
are in the west.

Ms. Katycat comes in every day at 3:30 pm - dinner time for
her - and she spends her nights indoors. Always.

So we have hopes this will help with the coyote situation.
So far, so good. Fingers crossed.

I'm actually more worried about cars, but our road is very
quiet and she seems to run away whenever a car goes by, so
this is good.

Pat
--

Coyotes, Now that is a problem, probably much worse than african bees. 20 or
some years ago we were living in the Adirondak north country, and coyotes
were starting to move in, the locals called them coydogs.The first human
response to a problem, is denial. They were not dogs at all. They don't just
kill cats, but most anything. My father-in- law had about 150 acres in
pasture, within a mile of Canada. He also had a border colley newfoundland
mixed dog. In april 1979, the dog came in from his nightly patrol, damn near
mortaly wounded. They nursed him back to health for about 2 months. Then,
they let him go back out, he was never seen again. Now, at that time, the
local news were reporting of how coyotes were migrating around the great
lakes. The guys I hunted with were telling of coydogs. In late July, I was
sitting on my father-in -laws porch with him, on a moonlit night, listening
to a pack of coyotes in the distance. I told my father-in law, that I
thought it was those coyotes that killed his dog. He said, he thought that
they were stray dogs. At that time, that was not reasonable, there just was
not enough dog/ people population to support it.

Now, lets fast forward a few decades. A few weeks ago, a man was bitten, by
a rabid coyote, in Virginia. The incident occured just west of Williamsburg
Va..

Now ther are few points here. Number one, is that these animals are
migrating, seeking to fill a void. Two , its not a good thing. Len