Old 14-03-2003, 05:20 AM
Karen

Default tracking Magazine articles

profpam wrote:
Perhaps I was reading into Karen's needs a little too much. I don't
think you originially specified non-orchid-related magazines and now I
see you really meant what I thought -- you were
talking about ORCHIDS, ORCHID DIGEST, etc. All of these magazines
already have indexes. It seemed to me a major make-work project unless
you workfor a magazine and then MS WORD and other wordprocessors will
automatically create indexes and table of contents. If you are really
into orchids and you are gleaning culture info., etc., then it takes
hours and hours and hours to setup the information, figure-out what is
wanted, and then to input the data. So, my quick suggestion was that it
may be best to
start with something that exists and one can't go too far wrong for the
previous version price. Oh, well, so I missed the boat on this one.

Anyway, if I were doing it for my own purposes, I would scan in the
exiting indexes. I would then convert the indexes into tables then I
would go from there. Nevertheless, whatever you decide consists of more
than one hour of programming cost at $25+.

Everything Orchid Management System
http://www.pe.net/~profpam/page3.html

Well I am going to take a crack it it myself and see what I can create
for myself I guess.
Karen