Old 18-04-2006, 06:00 PM
NewShmoo NewShmoo is offline
Registered User

Location: Norwich, UK
Default New to site, just a couple of questions...

Hi, i'm not really a gardener i just grow herbs for my cooking and a few nasturtiums and sunflowers(because they grow themselves) These are all on my balcony as i don't have a garden.
My questions a

1. I have a bay tree i've grown from a two leaved twiglet it's now 4ft tall, up until last year when i should have repotted or at least replaced the top layer of compost it had been doing very well. Because i neglected it the leaves have started to yellow, if i feed it and repot it will the colour come back?

2. Can i put my rat waste from the cages on my dad's compost heap? I get one fat carrier bag full of newspaper, recycled paper cat litter and droppings each week. The compost heap is about 7ft long by 4 ft wide.