Old 14-03-2003, 07:44 PM
Gilgamesh

Default rabbit manure; how good is it

Forest isn't really the best environment for rabbits, which are grazers
rather than browsers - woodland edges and clear areas within the forest are
better, so I'm not sure your original assumption is particularly valid.
Rabbit manure is not wonderful fertilizer on its own - composted it's OK,
high potash & phosphate, but raw it tends to burn the plants.

--
May glorious Shamash make his face to shine upon you

Gilgamesh of Uruk
(Include Enkidu in the subject line to avoid the spam trap)
"Richard McDermott" wrote in message

"Archimedes Plutonium" wrote in message
I was wondering about rabbit manure. In some forests, other than insects
and their bodies as fertilizer it seems as though rabbit manure is one
of the most
available. For we all know that in pristine forests, humans do not go in
there with
fertilizer and that natural fertilizer is what sustains untouched
forests. I suppose
birds contribute natural fertilizer but it seems as though insects are
the biggest
single contributor. Then there are rabbits. So I wonder if anyone has
done analysis of rabbit pellets as a fertilizer?

And can someone tell me why rabbits love elm and locust and cherry
shoots
and twigs but hate currant.

Archimedes Plutonium,
of the electron-dot-cloud are galaxies

I met a man from New Jersey whose hobby was growing giant Halloween
pumpkins, he said he grew the state's biggest one year. He said he would
only use rabbit manure for fertility.