Old 20-04-2006, 01:12 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
kenty;\)

Default Yellow Vanda Leaves?

"K Barrett" wrote in message
. ..

"Diana Kulaga" wrote in message
Are they breaking from the abscission point next to the central stalk?

Yes, they are. And they are not soft at all. Remember that big Asctm. we
discussed over in abpo last year? The one we decided was mislabeled? That
has always had a tendency toward leaf loss, though not of the magnitude
I'm seeing now. And it has so many offshoots that you hardly notice it,
really. A further clue: some of the plants are getting reddish spotting.
This is coloration only; no soft spots. And a few have leaf tip
blackening. It's almost as if I'm seeing sunburn, but nothing has changed
and these are not new plants. Anyway, there's no sunburn damage, so that
can't be it. I'll try to get a couple of pictures tomorrow.

I'm not really worried about this, but if they need something I'm failing
to deliver I'd like to know it.

Diana

Mine have been losing leaves and then the stem rots, too. Usually its
'crown down' rot, but this seems to start in the axils and penetrate to
the main trunk.

I lost all of my favorite orchids to this stuff, so I hope it ain't what
you've got. Happened faster than you'd notice, either, so no chance to
hit them with a fungicide.

Hi Diana, we recently had a talk from a guy who knows quite abit about
vandaceous.I remember he said one of the main causes for leaf loss in vanda
is temperature,too cool.What have your temps been?
Thanks Keith