Old 21-04-2006, 05:50 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Susan Erickson

Default Yellow Vanda Leaves?

"Diana Kulaga" wrote in message
Kenty, I'm in South Florida and it's April. I promise you it's not too
cold right now, LOL!

Kath, I don't think this is what you described. There is no massive leaf
drop, and the central stems are firm and in good shape. Maybe just a
fluke, or simply time for some topping.

Thanks.....

Diana

It could be delayed reaction from last summer. They got hit pretty
hard with odd conditions while you had them locked down - too dark and
not much air movement. They are just settling out and regrouping.
Keep a closer eye on the ones that drop more than a couple of leaves.
They could be in topping territory or they could be in stress. You
might want to baby any root tips up the stem, if you can find them.
When I get there I put Spanish Moss on the plant to encourage humidity
and higher rooting - But where you are it would encourage bugs and
other pests.

It would not hurt to treat for "fungus among gust". But I would
suspect nothing is there.

SuE