Old 23-04-2006, 01:56 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Alan Illeman

Default White Tips on Grass

"Tom The Great" wrote in message ...
On Sat, 22 Apr 2006 09:53:28 -0700, "Connie"
wrote:

Hi,

Does anyone know what causes white tips on grass. Our mower blade was
just sharpened. We just fertilized. Could it be from that?

Thanks

I've heard people complain about blades losing their edge after a few
cuttings, if the grass is very wet, or the mower is left outside.

Might want to just check how sharp your blade is.

I remember something told to me, and I do it. I only mow in the
afternoon, closer to evening. When a blade is cut, it should have
time to heal/seal before full sun again. So don't cut in the morning.

Sounds logical but golf course greenskeepers cut early in the morning
prior to a day's play. Can you explain that?