Old 14-03-2003, 11:20 PM
linda mar

Default nutrafin CO2 system

Hi everybody!

I found that diffuser is about $12, and diffuser with the bottle and initial
starter kit chemical is about $18.. given the gas prices these days, $6 is
worth the extra cost for me instead of dumping out soda (I'm a tea
drinker... so soda/juice bottle will be $1-$3 depending on what I "buy"),
connecting tubes (another $1 or $2 for the tubing, and some silicone for
sealing), buying yeast ($.50?) etc for the short term :-) (especially when
I'm buying glob of other things not available locally via mailorder.. it'll
still fit into the order without increasing the shipping :-)

thanks for all your input! it was very helpful (especially the jello
recipe.. that's A LOT of sugar...)

linda

"Frank Mamone" wrote in message
Linda,

I have one too and it works fine, but in retrospect, I would buy only the
diffusor and use my own bottle. You can buy it seperately at big als

online.

Unless you really don't wanna make your own bottle get the whole kit.

-Frank

"linda mar" wrote in message
Hi,

so is the container that comes with the nutrafin system not optimal for

DIY
yeast brew? or is it just fancy version of a soda bottle..?

linda
"Eric Schreiber" wrote in message
"linda mar" wrote:

if I buy this CO2 system, is there a cheaper "co2 generating source"

that
can use later instead of buying their co2 generating chemicals?

Don't buy the complete system. You can get just the bubble counter
part from PetSolutions.com (part number 15517698). Connect it to a DIY
CO2 system (two-liter yeast bottle) using the supplied airline tubing,
and you're all set.

It works quite well. You can actually see the CO2 bubbles shrink
dramatically as they work their way through the bubble counter.

also, how long does a typical chemical mixture last for a low KH, 30G
aquarium with moderate planting?

Depends on the DIY recipe you're using. Lots of variations out there,
you just have to try them until you find one that works for you.

--
www.ericschreiber.com