Old 23-04-2006, 10:55 PM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.plants

Default Any one interested in some hornwort?

Daniel Morrow wrote:

Bottom posted.
wrote in message
. ..

Daniel Morrow wrote:

Bottom posted.
"Nikki Casali" wrote in message
.. .

Daniel Morrow wrote:

Thanks koi-lo - I hope yours makes a total comeback as well. Offer is

still

open of course - any takers? Good luck and later!

I'd love some, but I presume you're on the other side of that big ol'
pond? I gave up trying to get hold of hornwort in the UK over a year
ago. I've only ever seen pictures of it!

Nikki

Unfortunately for the deal I do live on the other side of the pond.

:-( I

live on the west coast of the USA (aargh - sorry about that!). I might

try

selling on aquabid.com sometime though. Hornwort can be a great plant, I
just wish I could grow it good in 2 of my other tanks - it just won't

grow

in them at all. Good luck and later!

it thrives in my tank...i just cropped mine and pulled out a 4ft long
stem of it from my 75 gallon....

Right on! I just wish I knew what characteristic(s) my other tanks differ
with when compared to my silver dollar tank which grows hornwort like crazy!
Good luck and later!

my tank has a little low ph..like 6.8 i think last i checked...and its
hard water with alot of iron in it...my tank is WAY underlit for the
amount of plants i have in it...im just waiting for my dad to make me a
nice wooden hood so i can put some more lights in it. right now i just
have a single bulb light strip and an all glass top.

the tank does however get alot of natual lighting. its all livebearers
and a couple of corydoras and soon to be a couple of neons my red sword
is doing ok....but the hornwort is taking over my tank....i used that
4ft crop to put into a 5 gallon hex hospital tank to cycle it.

i started with 2 pretty thin plants and now it took over pretty much a
1/4 of my tank. i need to thin it some more and re-root it