Old 24-04-2006, 04:29 PM
Scotia Scotia is offline
Registered User

Location: Huddersfield

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gardening_Convert
I bought some 'rocket' 1st earlies which I had chitting , which where
chitting for some time I think I got them in March .

I only had the chance to plant them yesterday into a POT. They were
starting to look quite shrivelled , do you think they were still viable
?

Fingers crossed that they are ?
I just planted mine this morning,(Mon)

What were the 'chits'(sprouts) on your potatoes like?

If they were a dark green then you should be OK, if they were pale and leggy, they might come but will take a little longer.

If the potatoes were spongy they will be OK but if they were mushy they won't.

Hope that answers your query.