Old 25-04-2006, 12:24 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Sue

Default Tomato varieties

On Mon, 24 Apr 2006 18:37:16 -0400, Jim Carter
wrote:

On Mon, 24 Apr 2006 15:23:18 GMT, Allan Matthews
wrote:

What I am harvesting are loads of
same size, perfectly round tomatos with very little taste and baseball
hard. What variety can I plant to get tomatos like my Father had in
his garden 60 years ago? TIA Allan

Allan, Allan, Allan. I have never seen a gardener in more
desperate need of heirloom tomatoes than you. I will suggest
four varieties, but we really should know what area you live in
or your Department of Agriculture zone.

Dufresne or Dufresne #2 (they are the same): 3-4 inch, luscious,
fruit. Spreads 5-6 feet.

Sweet 100: The only cherry tomato I like. Like Dufresne, it is
a large vine.

These are wonderful!!!! Eat 'em like candy they're so sweet. I'm
growing them for the 4th year.
Sue