Old 25-04-2006, 04:44 AM posted to rec.ponds,rec.aquaria.freshwater.misc
Koi-Lo

Default Ichabon - small and large

"Phyllis and Jim Hurley" wrote in message
.. .
Over the years there has been a lot of discussion of food. Lots of us
(including us) use catfish food. about $12 for 50#. The fish seem to do
well with it (9 years of growth.)

I've also been using catfish, trout, puppy and kitty chow - mixed together.
This is the 1st time I bought such expensive food in years. I want to see
if it's true that you feed less and get less feces/mulm in the pond. So far
they're consuming about the same amount of the expensive food that they were
the cheap food. The filter-pads are clogging just as fast.....
--
Koi-Lo....
Frugal ponding since 1995.