Old 26-04-2006, 09:42 PM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.plants,rec.aquaria.freshwater.misc
MEAlston

Default Black brush algae..excess phosphates?

wrote in message
oups.com...
I have been battling BBA for a while now in my 55 gallon freshwater
tank. I know that excess phosphates are one contibuting factor.
Untill recently I was unable to find a test to tell me what my
phosphate levels were.

Well, I finally found a phosphate test and it says that the phosphate
levels in my tank are 2 ppm. I also tested my tap water and the levels
are the same (2 ppm).

Where did you find the phosphate tester? -ED