Old 27-04-2006, 07:59 PM posted to rec.ponds
~ janj

Default Ichabon - small and large

I haven't seen that around here. The algae and other solids go through it?

Not open cell foam, it doesn't let anything thru (the way I have my filter
set up). Thus you have to have a good (large) pre-filter prior to them
going to the bio-filter.

I have the black Matalia for sure and it hoses out easily. I didn't see the
snow white filter material.

I don't really know how large the filter *pad* should be per koi. I wish
there was a way to figure that out.

There is a formula at www.akca.com under the koi health advisor articles.
Unfortunately I can't remember where it is located, if in pond construction
or filtration.

How many gallons is your filter for the 2000 gallon pond and is the pump in
the pond? ~ jan
See my ponds and filter design:
www.jjspond.us

~Keep 'em Wet!~