Old 29-04-2006, 08:22 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Brian Watson

Default Head Gardener for Gardener's World wanted

"Sacha" wrote in message
ps.com...

There is also advertised what sounds to me a much more interesting job.
This is for the Horticultural Researchers Pool . They're looking for
people to be contacted when suitable vacancies arise and employment
will be of varying lengths and often at short notice. "You'll be
required to work across a range of prestigious BBC TWO commissions
including Gardener's World and output from the Tatton flower show
amonst others. Working with producers and series producers, you'll
drive stories, source stunning locations and cast passionate
enthusiasts." The applicants will be horticulturally trained and need
an excellent knowledge of all aspects of planting and plant history
etc. etc. Again it's on their web site and is Ref. 81556
www.bbc.co.uk/jobs
I think there are a few urglers who could drop into that 'occasional
slot' quite easily. Applications to be in by 4th May.

Now THAT looks like a REAL gardening job with a proper measure of journalism
and programme-making too.

--
Brian