Old 15-03-2003, 06:09 AM
Susan Solomon

Default Dying bareroot

Hi all
I apologize for asking this ... I think it has been covered before, but

I purchased a beautiful, fresh and healthy-looking bareroot bagged Peace HT
from Home Depot several weeks ago, and proceeded to plant it immediately
after shaking off the moist sawdust packing. (it's in a clay-sand mix in
full sun) I watered the plant well after planting, , and water it every 2
days. However, over three weeks have gone by, no buds have broken, and
horror of horrors, the canes are starting to dry out. (Not turn black, as in
canker, just dry out - dessicate.) It sure looks like it's going to be a
fatality.

Should I dig it up and soak it for a couple of days, then plant it again?
The three other roses I purchased and planted the same day are doing well
and have begun to grow. ???

I appreciate any help you can give!
Thanks!
Sue in SoCal