Old 30-04-2006, 06:11 AM posted to aus.gardens
HC

Default Which Lemon and Mandarin?

G'day

If you want to use the lemons to make cheesecakes, then do NOT get a
Meyer as the acid content is too low to thicken the condensed milk.
OTH, Meyer is sweeter so might suit you for other purposes.

Mandarin......Murcott is my favourite, it's sweet with good sized fruit.

Hope this helps?
Bronwyn ;-)

Potaroo wrote:
Hello Aussie garden gurus. Can someone recommend the most prolific fruiting
Lemon and Mandarin for a small suburban backyard garden in the Hawkesbury
region of NSW.
I don't want to select the wrong one to take up space. ..and I'm scpeptical
about nurseries after all they will advise and sell what they have.
Cheers, TIA