Old 01-05-2006, 02:14 AM posted to rec.gardens
jennifer muise

Default What don't white grubs like to eat?

So, I've got white grubs again this year. Not as bad as last year, but a
significant amount. Last year I applied some End All (sorry, I don't
remember what it's made from) and it seemed to work so I didn't bother with
the nematodes.

The area that's particularly bad is in the D-shaped "island" in the middle
of my circular drive. The grass is beginning to come back but I am
wondering whether I should bother re-seeding the grass this year again, or
if planting something more decorative and easier to maintain would pay off.
Whatever I put would have to be low-profile, since both the city and the
driveway service love to pile dirty snow and ice there during the winter,
which might break some taller ornamentals. This area is also more difficult
to water, so I'd probably put some succulents like sedum, Hens and Chicks,
etc.

Has anyone had success putting plants in such an area? I'd hate to go to a
lot of trouble just to feed these d*mn grubs.

Thanks in advance,
JLM