Old 01-05-2006, 08:07 PM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.plants
chaz

Default Planting my 80 gallon - co2 question

Hi, I am new here, and have a question about planting my tank:

I have an 80 galon freshwater thats been going on for about 4 years. I am
trying some plants but have never been real successful.

I have a twin tube floro light with plant bulbs.

If I was going to install a co2 system without breaking the bank, which one
would you suggest? I recall making one from a soda bottle years ago but it
didnt seem to make a diffference.

I am not opposed to DIY at all.

I have also seen a product called carbo plus, but dont know enough about the
"science" to know if it's snake oil or not.

Thanks

chaz