Old 01-05-2006, 09:26 PM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.plants
netDenizen

Default Planting my 80 gallon - co2 question

chaz wrote:

I am looking at a new light, please see these specs

*********two 65W bulb 12000K DAYLIGHT & two 65W actinic BULB a total of 260W

What do you think? I would replace my existing hood since I dont want to
take up my accesss point.

chaz

That sounds like a marine reef lighting setup not directly suitable for
freshwater plants, and expensive. My setup is a plywood home-made hood
with hardware store fixtures and Grolux WS plant tubes plus full-sun
type tubes - also from hw store. I have glass under the hood but suppose
it's not that safe...