Old 01-05-2006, 11:46 PM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.plants
Mister Gardener

Default petsmart lights? your thoughts

On Mon, 01 May 2006 22:18:28 GMT, "chaz" wrote:

I am looking to replace my twin tube set as economical as I can. I found
these at petsmart and wanted your thoughts on these for my 80 gallon.

http://www.petsmart.com/global/produ...N=2030061&Ne=2

thanks for any advice

About average price-wise. But barely adequate light output for a well
planted tank, unless you stick with low light species. You can find
some excellent values in compact fluorescent fixtures at

http://www.aquatraders.com/index.asp

Most of their fixtures come with 50/50 bulbs, but they may be
10,000K/Actinic - they're pretty obliging through email if you would
prefer they switched the bulbs for 6500 or 6500/10000. I've not found
anywhere on the net that comes close to their prices. Their shipping
is high, but so is everyone's these days.

-- Mister Gardener
-- Pull the WEED to email me