Old 15-03-2003, 04:08 PM
Craig Morrison

Default Good snails/ Bad snails/ controll

Henry wrote:

I have a 30 gal heavily planted tank. Things seem to be going pretty well

[snip]

Are there any (relatively small) fish that will eat them but not dig up or
damage the plants, and will not eat my other fish which include some small
Ottos and several dwarf Cories

Zebra loaches (botia striata) would be good for the size tank you have. Try to
get at least 3 if you have the room. They like to be in groups.

Yoyo loaches (botia almorhae) would be my second choice, but they would
eventually get too big for a 30..

Clown loaches (botia macracantha) would be my last choice. They would
definitely outgrow your tank.