Old 03-05-2006, 11:40 AM posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.gardening
John

Default Hosepipe ban, power washer, water butt, pump - X-post

In article ,
"Christian McArdle" wrote:

So is it feasible to put a pump in a rain water butt to feed water to the
power washer?

Mine worked just fine from a bucket. Used water surprisingly slowly, too.

Eh? So are you saying that they suck water - they don't require any
pressure [at the input end]?

As someone who has saved rainwater for years, and moreover who's now on
a meter so has an even greater interest in "water conservation", I'm
keen to know.

BTW my last pressure washer (29 quid at B&Q 18 months ago) packed in
(just gone dead) -- exactly as predicted by An Expert on the DIY group.
I was thinking of getting another cheapo job, next time I'm at B&Q or
Aldi. I hardly used the last one at all, but for one or two jobs (like
sluicing salt from under the car, or blasting garden furniture clean) it
was great. (I use buckets of rainwater and a special brush for the car:
_really_ good.)

John