Old 03-05-2006, 11:51 AM posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.gardening
p.k.

Default Hosepipe ban, power washer, water butt, pump - X-post

wrote:
David W.E. Roberts wrote:
Hi,

cross posted to gardening and DIY as probably relevant to both :-)

My plans to power wash the flags at the back of my Berkshire
property have been thwarted by the hosepipe ban.

As far as I can tell, power washers don't use that much water.

I heard on the radio that you can actually use a hosepipe and as much
water as you like to clean your patio, but not to water the garden or
wash the car. It was a "isn't this ban stupid" type stories.

one off cleaning the patio uses a very limited ammount of water and very few
people do it.

Running the sprinkler for an hour 3 times a week uses a huge ammount of
water and many people do it.

Very simple really!

pk